Thursday, March 10, 2011

but, God...

Encouraging words from my friend, Andrea.  I love this.

but God...it's too darn hard
"follow me" Matthew 9:9

but God...what if i fail miserably?
"follow me"  Matthew 8:22

but God...what if i feel like what you're calling me to do is too challenging?
"follow me"  Matthew 4:19

but God...I have everything right here and things are good in my life
"follow me"  Matthew 10:38

but God...how can i step out of my comfort zone?  what if...
"follow me"  Matthew 16:24

but God...it will cost money and so many sacrifices will have to be made
"follow me"  Matthew 19:21

but God...i am weak, tired, and weary, lacking faith, discouraged
"follow me"  Mark 1:17

but God...there is so much at risk.  what if my family and friends don't support me?
"follow me"  Mark 2:14

but God...what about my family and their comforts?
"follow me"  Mark 8:34

but God...my faith is smaller than a mustard seed
"follow me"  Mark 10:21

but God...i don't know if i can do this. i don't know if i have what it takes
"follow me"  Luke 5:27

but God...can i trust you in this? really? can i?
"follow me"  Luke 9:23

but God...i don't want to walk on the water right now. i like it where things are calm
"follow me"  Luke 9:59

but God...can't you see that my family is happy with the way things are right now?
"follow me"  Luke 9:61

but God...how can i know for sure that I have heard your still small voice?
"follow me"  Luke 14:27

but God...you listening? how will this all come together?
'follow me"  Luke 18:22

but God...think you could give this assignment to someone else? please?
"follow me"  John 1:43

but God...what if things fall apart and my world comes crashing down?
"follow me"  John 8:12

but God...i'm afraid of failure
"follow me"  John 10:27

but God...give it all up? seriously?
"follow me" John 12:26

but God...(insert reason not to do something)
"follow me"  John 21:19

but God...(insert one more great excuse)
"follow me" John 21:22

Sound familiar?  Excuses, excuses.  All very valid, of course.
Ok! Ok!  I get it, Lord!
God, you are trustworthy, dependable, good, kind, loving, patient, abounding in grace and mercy, faithful and true is your name.  How can I possibly not trust you with everything I have?

"Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."  Luke 9:23

Even when the road is hard and things make absolutely no sense...I will follow you...

...simply because you said so...

No comments:

Post a Comment