Thursday, November 17, 2011

East...Meet West






You know I didn't forget to bring my grits with me this time!  Kell tried them in the room today and he loved them....officially qualified to be a southern boy!  If you could see the way he eats...anything, everything, and more of it.  Oh and some of yours, too!  I'm hoping that will stop when he realizes that food is available to him whenever he wants/needs it.



Today was a free day and it was raining.  It was really good to have a day to slow down and have time together.  We read and rested, Doug worked a little, the boys swam during a break in the rain and Doug and I both got to go to the gym (not at the same time).  The boys (and the dads) have also been kicking a ball around in the hall with other kids in our group. 



Our sweet little boy who loves so much having a family had a heart to heart with us today.  We were all sitting together and Kell got up in front of us and gave the sweetest little heartfelt outpouring of his heart.  Those sweet beautiful dark eyes looked at each of us one at a time.  He crossed his arms over his chest then stretched them out to each of us and said "wo ai ni, Mommy", "wo ai ni, Baba", "wo ai ni, Mills", "wo ai ni, Burke".  "Wo ai ni" is "I love you" in Mandarin.  He has waited for us, longed for us and us for him.  The photo albums we sent him of our family are absolutely worn out.  They look as if they've been flipped through thousands of times.  He still loves to crawl up in a lap and look through the albums with us.  He looks at us with such a look of love...like "are you really here?"



Yes, we are really here and you are ours forever!

5 comments:

  1. great pictures....great post...keep them coming

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a moment that must have been Shannan...were the tears just flowing? Oh my goodness, you are all so blessed!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how heart warming here I am at work shedding tears of happiness for him. My heart is full of love for him and I haven't even met him yet. God's love is so wonderful there is NO limit to his love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crying my eyes out reading this post! We cant wait to meet him. What a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, what a sweet, loving and tender hearted little boy!!! I know it warms all of your hearts to hear those 3 beautiful words "wo ai ne!"

    He is a beautiful little "southern" boy!

    ReplyDelete